Nominate a Maryland Attorney for
THE 2017 DISTINGUISHED MARYLAND REAL PROPERTY PRACTITIONER
Background Information and Instructions:
- Complete Application, including requested information about you and your Nominee.
- Only current, dues-paying members of the MSBA and the Real Property Section, licensed to practice in Maryland may make nominations. A person may make more than one nomination.
- Current members of the Real Property Section Council are not eligible to be nominated.
- To be eligible for nomination, a person must:
o Be licensed to practice in Maryland
o Be a dues-paying member of the MSBA and the Real Property Section
o Practice predominately in the area of real property, planning, zoning, land use or foreclosure
o Practice predominately (i.e., have a personal or principal office location) in Maryland
o Be actively engaged in the practice of law in the 12-month period prior to the nomination deadline
o Not be a prior recipient of the award.
- The award will be presented at the Annual Meeting of the Real Property Section to be held on Friday, June 16, 2017.
- The Real Property Section Council will select the recipient.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED NOMINATION FORM BY MAIL OR EMAIL BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON APRIL 17, 2017 TO:
Matthew L. Kimball, Esq.
Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP
111 S. Calvert Street, Suite 1400
Baltimore, MD 21202
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU:
Law Firm/Employer: ______________________________
Business Address: ______________________________
Telephone No. ______________________________
Licensed to practice in Maryland? Yes____ No____
MSBA and Section Member: Yes____ No____
Are you related to the nominee? Yes____ No____
(If yes, please describe relationship) _____________________________________________
INFORMATION ABOUT NOMINEE: (Use additional sheets if necessary)
Law Firm/Employer: _____________________________
Business Address: _____________________________
Telephone No. _____________________________
- Experience Practicing Real Property (length and type of practice, experiences showing expertise and integrity, collegiality [including observance of the MSBA Code of Civility], etc.:
- Contributions to Improving Real Property Practice (legislation, continuing legal education, community, etc.):
- Personal Professional and Academic Accomplishments (bar, memberships and activities, professional association, etc.):
To the best of my knowledge, the nominee meets the criteria for nomination set forth in the instructions above.
Signature of Person Making Nomination